Saturday, August 28, 2010

Changes are good!

Times - they are a'changin'. THANK GOD! Just a not-so-quick update for those of you who may have read about the sleeping woes of our little princess.

I can't imagine any of you reading (if there are any others) could be more excited than I am that miss Abigail is finally sleeping through the night. If I could, I'd hire a band of angels to sing a firm "Hallelujah!!" to commemorate this milestone. Now, when I say sleeping through the night, I don't mean she's snuggled up in her own bed with her lovey's throughout the night. That would be too ideal and I think I'd been whisked away to Heaven. She's still sleeping on the love seat, just outside our bedroom door, like she has been for a good 3-4 weeks now. Yeah, so what? I'm taking delight in the simple things... the fact that I don't have to sit with her while she falls asleep every night... that she's not raiding our bed a few hours after I've sat with her for 30+ minutes... oh, not to mention that my body has actually gotten a FULL night's sleep - for the first time in about 4-1/2 years! Those are major accomplishments in our house and I'm proud of them!

Today she found a part of Seth's ceiling fan (no clue how this was found in his closet and brought out, but anyway...) and came out with it on her head. We laughed and laughed at her. She looked like a little Japanese woman serving saki at the Japanese steak house. The smile she gave Allen when he took the picture even makes her look asian. Too funny!








Now, on to Seth's latest adventures. As of this moment, he's been sent to his room as punishment for letting his anger out on a cute little book that's been around for ... who knows how long. He got mad and ripped the little cover off of it. It was the last straw of the hour for me, and he's abolished to a few minutes of agony in his toy-filled room. What a punishment. If he only knew that he could actually play and forget about the "punishment" part, he'd be a lot happier, but no... he'd rather cry, wail, cough, hack, kick, etc. for more attention.


Okay, now that that's said, he's had a milestone of his own this week. He completed his first week of Pre-K and actually liked it! I think we're onto something here. Tuesday morning when I tried waking him up, he just didn't want to get up. He hollered at me "I'm not going to school! I don't want to go to school!" Oh, boy... already??! Do I really have to deal with this on day TWO of school ever?? Once I tickled him out of bed he was ready to get dressed and head out. I'm so proud of him and at the same time I could just cry that he's already school age. I just hope he's a good student and makes some good friends, which I know he will. His teacher, Ms. Renorda, has her hands full!!


We had his 4 year pictures made today at JCPenney. He was excellent for the girl! I've had a bad experience there before with a different girl, but this one is really good and I'm glad I went back there. You can't beat the $3.99/sheet deal! I'm posting a few of the ones we got of him. He's so grown up!






This is totally non-related to these updates, but my Dad suggested I "journal" the sayings of my kids and that's really where this new blog has started. There have been many funny lines from both of them, but before I end this post, I'll leave you with a recent story. Something you can laugh about.

We took Seth to his 4-year check-up on his actual birthday. After that, we took him to eat at Long John Silvers (yes, we love the greasy food). As we were standing in the line, a larger lady was standing ahead of us. Seth pointed to her, cocked his head to the side and said "Now, THAT lady is fat." After I dug my head out of my backside, I gave him the eye. You know, the mom eye... the one where your eyes are opened as wide as they can get and you try your hardest to give them that "you better fear me" look. After I distracted him with asking what he wanted to eat, he realized I hadn't really acknowledged what he had said, so he started to say it again. He pointed that finger and I grabbed it right away before he could say a word. I was mortified, knowing the fat lady (and yes, she was quite large) had heard him. What can you do??? You know she heard it and you know you're mortified and you know she's probably mortified. Seth, on the other hand, was just being a kid, and really thought nothing of it. A kid too much like his mama. I did that same thing when I was little. A couple of times. And this is my payback. All I can do is laugh. I know my Papa would be laughing his head off, slapping his knee, if he could hear this story. Man, how I wish I could hear him laughing right now.

That's all for now. Bath time for the kids. Thanks for reading (and I hope someone is)!

No comments: