Sunday, August 22, 2010

Pre-K day is here

Hard to believe 4 years ago today I had an 11-day old boy in my arms after 2.5 days of off-and-on labor. He's had many milestones... his first cold, first tooth, first haircut, first accident, etc. Twenty-one onths later we added Abbey to the family. He wasn't too sure about her that first day, but he's come to understand that she's part of us now. They play together - sometimes calmly, sometimes not. All of those milestones in my first child's life have meant a lot.

But tomorrow is a day I just really haven't thought too much about... until now. My baby's going to his first day of Pre-K. I'll be strong on the outside, but inside I'll be a mooshy mess. Think of watery Jello. Or runny mashed potatoes. Hopefully I can keep my composure while I'm there, so he can see I really am excited that he's starting a new journey. He'll be making lots of friends and turning new corners in his learning. I'm a proud mama. I'll post pictures of his big day, with a big smile on my face. Until tomorrow... :)

No comments: